By default, WooCommerce Paid Courses enables the ability to link a course to one or more WooCommerce products. This allows someone to purchase a course on your site. When a course is linked to a WooCommerce product, the lesson content is only viewable by people who have actually purchased the course.
Linking a Product to a Course
To link a WooCommerce product to a course, ensure that WooCommerce is installed and activated. Then follow these steps to create a product:
- Go to Products > Add New.
- Add some product details including a title and description.
- In the Product data meta box that appears below the editor, select the Virtual checkbox (this will remove shipping information at checkout).
- Add a product short description. (This will be displayed on the product card when multiple products are attached to a course.)
- Click Save Draft or Publish the product.
- Repeat these steps for any additional products.
Next, you’ll need to associate the product with the course(s) you’d like to sell:
- Go to Courses > All Courses and click on the course you would like to attach to your new product.
- Click on the Sensei LMS icon in the top right of the screen to open the sidebar.
- Select one or more products to link to the course.
- Click Update to save.
Purchasing a Course
Site visitors can purchase a course on the single course page. The purchase options map to the products that are linked to the course:
If only a single product is attached to the course, then a purchase button is displayed instead of cards.
People who purchase the course will gain access to its content as soon as the WooCommerce order status is Completed. If you created a virtual product when configuring the course product (as per step 3 above), the order is completed as soon as payment is made.