Sell a Course as a Subscription
To sell a course as a subscription, ensure that both WooCommerce and WooCommerce Subscriptions are installed and activated. Then follow these steps to create a subscription product:
- Go to Products > Add New.
- Add some product details including a title and description.
- In the Product data meta box that appears below the editor, select Simple subscription from the Product Type dropdown. (Note that you can also create a Variable subscription product as described here.)
- Select the Virtual checkbox (this will remove shipping information at checkout).
- Set the terms for the subscription including price, billing interval, billing period, length, sign-up fee and trial period (length, sign-up fee and trial period are all optional).
- Click Save Draft or Publish the product.
Now you’ll need to associate the product with the course(s) you’d like to sell as a subscription:
- Go to Courses > All Courses and click on the course you would like to attach to your new subscription product.
- In the WooCommerce Product dropdown in the right sidebar, select the product to link to the course.
- Click Update to save.
- Repeat the above steps for any other courses you’d like to sell as part of this subscription.
Congratulations! You are now ready to accept recurring course payments – revenue you can count on!