As of Sensei 1.9.20, we made it possible for anyone to enable usage tracking from within their WordPress admin area. This sends us data about the content and settings of your site.
By choosing to share your data, you’re helping us make Sensei LMS better for everyone. By understanding how you’re using the plugin, we can create more helpful features, write better documentation, and make Sensei LMS a more useful platform.
What We Log
We log non-sensitive data about how a site is set up and managed. We do NOT log or store personal data from you or your clients.
We do log and store the admin email. This allows us to get in touch regarding potential vulnerabilities and information on fixes. We do not use this email address for marketing – a separate opt-in is required to receive promotional messages.
Here’s the full list of the data we collect:
- Site URL
- Admin email address
- List of activated plugins and their versions, including Sensei LMS
- Active theme and version
- WordPress version
- PHP version
- Locale / language
- Date of first course enrolment
- Date of last course enrolment
- Maximum and minimum counts of the number of:
- Modules in a course
- Lessons in a course
- Questions in a quiz
We also log the total number of:
- Users with a Sensei LMS-specific role (e.g. teachers)
- Learners enrolled in at least one course
- Taxonomies added by Sensei LMS (e.g. modules)
- Category questions added to any quiz
- Questions of each type
- Published courses
- Individual custom post types added by Sensei LMS (e.g. courses). This includes maintaining separate counts of any fields that may appear on these custom post types (e.g. course video).
With the launch of Sensei LMS 2.1.0, we’ll be logging the following events:
- Exporting Analysis data
- Viewing or updating a Sensei LMS setting
- Viewing the Extensions page
- Duplicating a course or lesson
- First publish of a course or lesson
- Adding a module or question
- Adding a course on the lesson page
- Importing dummy data
- Clicking the Edit Course button on the Edit Lesson page
- Clicking any of the links in the Course Lessons metabox
At some point in the future we may also log visitor interactions on pages where Sensei LMS is running as a plugin (for example, which links are clicked). It would then be the responsibility of Sensei LMS users to notify their own users about the data that is being collected.
Usage and event data data is sent automatically to our servers once you choose to share your data with us, and then once every 2 weeks for as long as the option is enabled.
How to Stop Sharing Your Data
If you no longer wish to share your data with us, go to Sensei LMS > Settings > General and deselect the checkbox to Enable usage tracking: