Sensei LMS 3.1 has just been released. The primary focus of this release is a new setup wizard to help users get started creating courses straight away.
With this release, we are bumping the minimum supported version of WordPress to 5.0. This means we will no longer be actively supporting the classic editor.
The setup wizard has 4 simple steps that can be completed in just a few minutes:
- Welcome – Brief overview of the wizard and an opportunity to opt in to usage tracking.
- Purpose – We’d love to learn more about why you’re interested in offering online courses.
- Features – Facilitates the installation of Sensei LMS’s most popular extensions.
- Ready – Basic setup is complete. From here, we provide a few recommendations on what to do next.
The setup wizard is displayed as soon as Sensei LMS is activated, but it’s also available to administrators at any time from the new Help tab on the Courses page:
What Else is in this Release?
- Added some missing translations
- Added the Date Completed field to the Learner Management page
- Added a filter for enabling/disabling enrolment related background jobs
- Change “Lessons” to “Lesson” for single lessons in a course or module
- Removed the Most Used tab from Course Modules
- Fixed the course dropdown width on the lessons page
- Fixed a PHP warning on the single course page
If you’re a developer, here’s what you need to know about Sensei LMS 3.1.
Template File Changes
templates/course-results/lessons.php– Display “Lesson” if there is only one lesson in the course.
templates/single-course/modules.php– Display “Lesson” if there is only one lesson in the module.
templates/single-course.php– Initialize the loop.
sensei_is_enrolment_background_job_enabled– Check if a specific enrolment background job is enabled.
Sensei_Email_Signup_Form– Entire class has been deprecated
To update, please head on over to Dashboard → Updates in the WordPress admin.
Please note: While we have thoroughly tested this release, it’s always possible that we’ve missed something. We recommend that you test the update on a staging site before updating your live site.