The next release of Sensei LMS 2.2.1 is now ready for testing! This release includes some performance enhancements and bug fixes:
- HTML is now allowed in question titles. This fixes an issue with LaTeX markup not working in quiz questions.
- Fixed an issue with a database error message being displayed when viewing a course feed.
- Fixed a layout issue with the Academia theme.
- Fixed an issue that could result in some themes displaying a broken layout.
- Loading the teacher dropdown on the Courses page is faster. Performance is noticeably improved when there are a lot of teachers.
- Rewrite rules are no longer flushed when courses and lessons are saved. This bug had the potential to break permalinks.
See what else is in this release.
Sensei_Course::flush_rewrite_ruleshas been deprecated with no replacement
Sensei_Lesson::flush_rewrite_ruleshas been deprecated with no replacement
Testing Sensei LMS
You can download the Sensei LMS 2.2.1 beta here. If you find a bug, please submit an issue on Github or leave a comment here. Our tentative release date for Sensei LMS 2.2.1 is October 23rd.
WooCommerce Paid Courses
The next release of WooCommerce Paid Courses focuses on closing some gaps in the integration with WooCommerce Memberships.
Here are some of the improvements you’ll find in 1.2.0:
- Courses purchased via a membership will now be included in the confirmation notice that a user sees after purchase:
- Additionally, the order confirmation email will list any courses that were purchased as part of a membership.
- When the status of an order containing a membership is manually changed to Processing or Completed, the purchaser is automatically enrolled in any courses tied to that membership. Similarly, cancelling or refunding an order containing a membership removes the purchaser from any courses tied to that membership.
- To protect against undesirable behaviour that can occur when a course is sold standalone AND as part of a membership that uses the same product, a warning will now appear on the Edit Course and Edit Membership Plan pages so that corrective action can be taken:
- The Course Component widget, as well as the Paid and Free filters that may appear on the course archive page, have been updated to include course memberships.
sensei_wc_paid_courses_get_product_courses– Filter the array of courses attached to the given products.
sensei_wc_paid_courses_memberships_block_editor_l10n_data– Filter the localization data for the block editor script.
Testing WooCommerce Paid Courses
Beta testers will receive the WooCommerce Paid Courses beta directly to their inbox. If you would like to sign up to be a beta tester and have a valid license, please fill out the beta tester signup form using the same email address you used to purchase your license.
If you find a bug, please leave a comment here. Our tentative release date for WooCommerce Paid Courses 1.2.0 is October 23rd.
As these are beta releases, please test them on a staging site and not your live site. If you don’t have a staging site, you can use the WP Staging plugin to create one.
Thank you to all our testers and contributors!