Sensei in Your Language
All text strings in Sensei can be translated into any language.
From version 1.9, Sensei includes language packs that can be downloaded from your dashboard.
Language packs are managed via Transifex. You can see all languages available for Sensei, and what percentage of the strings have been translated for each language by visiting the Sensei project on Transifex.
If you use WordPress in one of the languages listed there, you can install the Sensei language pack for that language.
Installing a Language Pack
To install the Sensei language pack:
- In your WordPress Admin, go to Settings > General, and set the Site Language. Save.
- A notification appears, telling you there is a Sensei translation available for your language. Click Install.
- A notification confirms that the translation was installed/updated.
Sensei strings are displayed in your chosen language.
Updating Language Packs
Language packs are updated with each Sensei release.
The process for updating a language pack is the same as installing one. If there are updates available for your Sensei language, the same notification (above) will appear, and you can click Install to update the language pack.
You can also install/update language packs from Sensei > Settings > Language
*Note: This menu only appears if you are using a language other than U.S. English (en_US).
If you have trouble with language packs, check:
- Are you using the latest version of Sensei?
- Have you checked that the language is available on Transifex?
- Have you switched to your chosen language in Settings > General?
- Is the language code of your Site Language exactly the same as that of the Sensei Language Pack (Note: pt (Portuguese) is not the same as pt_PT (Portuguese: Portugal) and pt_BR (Portuguese: Brazil)
Why is there no language pack available for my language?
We rely on the Sensei community to contribute translations. If you’d like to contribute you can help us translate Sensei into your language.
I have translated Sensei into my language. How can I make this into a language pack?
If you want to contribute your translation, please follow the instructions for Localizing Sensei.
I have done some translation on Transifex. Why are the new translations not showing up on my site?
Language packs are only updated with each Sensei release, so the new translations will not be updated until the next time you update Sensei.
Why are some of the translated strings on Transifex different from those on my site?
Language packs are only updated with each Sensei release, so new translations will not be updated until the next time you update Sensei.
I’m still having trouble with Sensei Language Packs
Please submit a support ticket so we can investigate.