Hoy lanzamos Sensei LMS 3.0 Beta 4 y WooCommerce Paid Courses 2.0 Beta 4, que esperamos sea la beta final antes del lanzamiento de producción.
Esperamos que el hecho de que hayamos lanzado 4 betas ayude a resaltar la importancia y el tamaño de esta versión, y anime a todos a hacer algunas pruebas en sus sitios de ensayo antes de actualizar sus sitios en vivo.
Sensei LMS 3.0
Estas son las novedades de la Beta 4:
- Add multisite support for course enrolments.
- Delete provider journal data when plugin is uninstalled.
- Display a notice to remind admins to upgrade WooCommerce Paid Courses to 2.0 for sites that are running Sensei LMS 3.0 and Sensei with WooCommerce Paid Courses 1.x. For sites running both plugins, we strongly recommend updating Sensei with WooCommerce Paid Courses before Sensei LMS.
- Made a change to use an unfiltered method when checking whether or not a learner has started a course. This change will impact sites with code customizations that leverage the
sensei_user_started_coursefilter, and means that this filter should no longer be relied on to provide access to a course. If you are currently doing so, please consider either switching to a custom enrolment provider (example aquí), or leveraging hooks in the relevant third-party plugin (i.e. WooCommerce, WooCommerce Subscriptions or WooCommerce Memberships).
You can download Sensei LMS 3.0 Beta 4 here.
WooCommerce Paid Courses 2.0
We renamed the
sensei_wc_paid_courses_migration_ended_memberships_provide_manual_enrolmentfilter introduced in Beta 3 to
sensei_wc_paid_courses_migration_inactive_memberships_provide_manual_enrolment, and simplified its logic such that it will block users with inactive memberships from being manually enrolled when the migration runs, regardless of the status of the associated order.
As always, please test the beta release on a staging site and not your live site. If you don’t have a staging site, you can use the WP Staging plugin to create one.
If you’ve already tested a previous beta on your staging site, you should take the following steps prior to testing Beta 4:
- Deactivate and delete the older beta versions of Sensei LMS.
- Restore the database backup for your staging site.
- Download Beta 4 and unzip it to your
wp-content/pluginsfolder. You can choose to either override your existing folder, or rename it to something else before unzipping, if applicable.
- Activate Sensei LMS 3.0.0 Beta 4.
The above steps are necessary to ensure the course enrolment migration process executes again. If you haven’t tested any of the beta releases prior to this, there’s no need to restore a database backup.
Please note that the release date has been moved to April 27th, 2020, which will allow for time to test Beta 4 prior to release. Feel free to leave a comment on this post if you find any issues while testing our latest beta.