Sensei Pro integrates with WooCommerce, enabling you to accept recurring payments for continued access to your course(s).
You have two options to manage the subscriptions:
- Use WooCommerce Payments* as your merchant gateway. WooCommerce Payments is a free extension with transaction fees and is available in a growing number of currencies and countries.
- Use the WooCommerce Subscriptions extension, which is $199 and can be used with any payment gateway such as Stripe, PayPal, and dozens more.
Using WooCommerce Payments *
To sell a course as a subscription using WooCommerce Payments, ensure that both WooCommerce and WooCommerce Payments are installed and activated. You will need to configure WooCommerce Payments with your personal details before setting up the integration in Sensei.
Then follow these steps to create a subscription product below.
Using WooCommerce Subscriptions
To sell a course as a subscription with any payment gateway of your choice, ensure that both WooCommerce and WooCommerce Subscriptions are installed and activated. Then follow these steps to create a subscription product below.
Creating A Subscription Product
The process of creating a product and integrating it with a Sensei course is the same with both WooCommerce Payments* and WooCommerce Subscriptions:
- Go to Products > Add New.
- Add some product details including a title and description.
- In the Product data meta box that appears below the editor, select Simple subscription from the Product Type dropdown. (Note that you can also create a Variable subscription product as described here.)
- Select the Virtual checkbox (this will remove shipping information at checkout).
- Set the terms for the subscription including price, billing interval, billing period, length, sign-up fee and trial period (length, sign-up fee and trial period are all optional).
- Add a product short description. (This will be displayed on the product card when multiple products are attached to a course.)
- Click Save Draft or Publish the product.
- Repeat these steps for any additional subscription products.
Next, you’ll need to associate the product with the course(s) you’d like to sell as a subscription:
- Go to Courses > All Courses and click on the course you would like to attach to your new subscription product.
- Click on the Sensei LMS icon in the top right of the screen to open the sidebar.
- Select one or more products to link to the course.
- Click Update to save.
Site visitors will be required to purchase the course in order to view its content.
Congratulations! You are now ready to accept recurring course payments – revenue you can count on!
* Note that Subscriptions with WooCommerce Payments is available for U.S. accounts and card payments only.