Sensei LMS 3.9 is out and brings with it a brand new way to manage quizzes – right inside the editor!
Introducing the Quiz Block
Both new and existing quizzes are now edited using the Quiz block. This block is automatically added when a new lesson is created, but can be removed if you don’t need it. Existing quizzes are also switched over to automatically use the new block:
The Quiz block supports the same functionality as the old meta boxes, including question types, settings, and selecting existing questions or category questions:
Blocks are also used when editing an individual question residing in the question bank:
The view that the learner sees remains the same, and quizzes are still displayed on a separate page as before.
What If I Don’t Want to Use the Quiz Block?
If you’d prefer to continue to use the meta boxes to manage quizzes, you can disable the Quiz block by using the following code snippet:
add_filter( 'sensei_quiz_enable_block_based_editor', '__return_false' );
What Else is in This Release?
Here are some other improvements you’ll find in 3.9:
- We added a filter to enable customizing the course and lesson block templates.
- Only courses belonging to the current teacher are shown on the Analysis page.
- Teachers are no longer able to add another teacher’s questions to a quiz.
- When the course teacher is changed, the author of any associated quiz questions is also updated to the new teacher when it makes sense to do so.
- We’ve added the ability to set a question to Draft status.
Developers: For deprecations, please see the beta release post.
To update, please head on over to Dashboard → Updates in the WordPress admin.
Please note: While we have thoroughly tested this release, it’s always possible that we’ve missed something. We recommend that you test the update on a staging site before updating your live site.