We’ve just released a new version of Sensei that changes the name of the plugin to Sensei with WooCommerce Paid Courses.
You may see a strange version number (188.8.131.52.0.0) when prompted to update. This is due to the fact that Sensei with WooCommerce Paid Courses is a bundle of the free version of Sensei LMS that exists on WordPress.org, and the WooCommerce Paid Courses extension that enables selling courses with WooCommerce.
After updating, you will see Sensei with WooCommerce Paid Courses listed on the Plugins page:
If you currently have a valid Sensei license for your site, nothing changes with the release of Sensei with WooCommerce Paid Courses. Your existing plugin will continue to function as before, and you’ll still receive updates and support.
You can read more about why we made this change here.
What’s in this Release?
Here are the highlights of the release:
- The new minimum required version of PHP is 5.6. If you’re not sure which version of PHP your site is running, you may find the How to Check Your WordPress Site’s PHP Version section of this article helpful. You can also read more about updating PHP on WordPress.org.
- The new minimum required version of WooCommerce is 3.0.
- The Access Permissions setting now controls only lesson content, not lesson and course content. Always displaying the content on the single course page is an opportunity to further promote a course and encourage user enrolment.
- When Sensei is first activated, a pop-up appears asking you to join our mailing list. This pop-up will only appear on sites that have never had Sensei installed before.
- We added a new Sensei LMS extensions page available from the Sensei LMS > Extensions menu.
Head over to Dashboard → Updates to update Sensei from within WordPress.
Please note: While we have thoroughly tested this release, it’s always possible that we’ve missed something. We recommend that you test the update on a staging site before updating your live site.