Today we’re pleased to announce that Sensei 1.12 is available for beta testing!
You can download it here.
1.12 is a minor release and will be launching in October. There should be no breaking changes and new functionality should exist in a backwards-compatible manner. Here’s what to look for in the update.
Better Support for Non-Sensei Themes
It used to be that you had to find specific Sensei-compatible themes for your site. In the upcoming release we’ve made big improvements in how Sensei handles themes that were previously unsupported. This means you can now use Sensei with almost any theme!
The following are before and after screen captures of the course page using the Divi theme, which does not formally declare support for Sensei:
Automatically Redirect to Next Lesson
After a learner clicks the Complete Lesson button, they will automatically be redirected to the next lesson in the course. No more confusion over students thinking that the same lesson is being repeated.
Lesson Start Date
In the Analysis > Lessons screen, the lesson start date will now be set to the date and time at which a student first views a particular lesson. They need to be logged in, enrolled in the course, and have completed any lesson prerequisites before a particular lesson will be logged as started.
What Else is in this Release?
Here are a few other notable changes in Sensei 1.12:
- Remove Single Course page displays setting
- Show comments for preview lessons
- Bulk Learner Actions showing all users in the network
sensei_course_image_htmlfilter to enable altering HTML output of a course image
- Upgrade Select2 library to latest version
Release Schedule and Testing
We’re hoping to release Sensei 1.12 in October, but could use your help with testing. Here’s how:
- If you already have Sensei installed on a test site, leave it activated, then rename the plugin folder to /woothemes-sensei-old/.
- Download the beta.
- Unzip the file and rename the folder to /woothemes-sensei/.
- Either move the plugin to your /plugins/ folder, or compress it and upload using Plugins > Add New.
Thanks to all of our testers and contributors! If you find any problems, please open an issue or leave a comment here with the details.